- RSS Channel Showcase 3760000
- RSS Channel Showcase 7077044
- RSS Channel Showcase 7627954
- RSS Channel Showcase 4019673
Articles on this Page
- 11/12/12--17:21: _Meet Hubris: An Int...
- 02/05/13--09:38: _Lying: Eye Contact ...
- 02/11/13--03:00: _Interrogation & Mem...
- 04/01/13--08:49: _Interview and Inter...
- 08/11/13--16:50: _Lying: Lance Armstr...
- 02/18/16--06:30: _Tips for Recording ...
- 05/15/16--16:55: _Interviewing and In...
- 03/15/17--13:23: _What Interviewers a...
- 09/14/17--06:02: _Practical Kinesic I...
- 11/12/12--17:21: Meet Hubris: An Interrogtion Assassin
- 02/05/13--09:38: Lying: Eye Contact & Deception: The Myth That Won’t Die!
- 02/11/13--03:00: Interrogation & Memory: Ethics of Lying to Subjects About Evidence
- 04/01/13--08:49: Interview and Interrogation Training: It’s Not One and Done.
- 08/11/13--16:50: Lying: Lance Armstrong’s Attorneys Say “It’s Okay!”
- 02/18/16--06:30: Tips for Recording Interviews
- 05/15/16--16:55: Interviewing and Interrogation: Bizarre Training Course
- 03/15/17--13:23: What Interviewers and Interrogators Are Missing
It should be no surprise by now that there are cases of wrongful conviction that have occurred as a direct result of false or coerced confessions. The statistics show that false or coerced confessions are responsible for 25% of the wrongful convictions overturned using DNA evidence. What continues to amaze me is how no one […]
One of the most persistent myths about signs of deception is that a break in eye contact is a sign of lying. NOTHING could be further from the truth. The sad part is that law enforcement academies keep shooting themselves in the foot by perpetuating the myth. I recently read an article posted on PoliceOne.com […]
Interrogation techniques taught to investigators run the gamut of styles and philosophies. Certain styles have a higher tendency of showing up in false confessions cases. One of the characteristics of those flawed techniques is the use of false evidence as a tool to get the subject to confess. There are numerous “problem” interrogation techniques that […]
One interview and interrogation training course is NOT a vaccination! Just because you took one course on the topic doesn’t mean you don’t need or won’t benefit from any more follow-up training. More often that not investigators and especially their administrators maintain the philosophy that once you take a course on interview and interrogation, you […]
If you write a book, you have a right to lie. At least that’s what Lance Armstrong’s attorney’s say about his autobiographies. Lance Armstrong is being sued by his book publishers for $5 million dollars plus damages for the massive lies he wrote about in his books. I find it very interesting that Armstrong’s attorney […]
Tips for Recording Interviews What’s Holding You Back From Recording Your Interviews? Are you recording your interviews? If not maybe you should be! The trend for recording interviews is growing on a national level. There is even some changes on the horizon for some federal agencies to start recording interviews. At last count 22 states […]
The post Interviewing and Interrogation: Bizarre Training Course appeared first on The Lie Guy® blog.
Lie Signs and Hen’s Teeth What Interviewers and Interrogators may be missing For nearly 50 years there has been a fundamental belief that those people who commit the act of deception will exhibit a plethora of telltale non-verbal cues. Interviewing and interrogation courses have taught over five decades that fidgeting, grooming, hand wringing, sweating, breaks […]
Practical Kinesic Interview and Interrogation : A Basic Guide 2nd Edition of the FREE eBook has been released. Interviewing and interrogation? What the latest information on the highly productive narrative-based methods? The popular Practical Kinesic Interview and Interrogation®: A Basic Guide 2nd edition has just been released! I’ve updated the entire guide from front to […]
The post Practical Kinesic Interview and Interrogation : A Basic Guide – Updated! appeared first on The Lie Guy® blog.